Monday, November 4, 2013

Go Ye Therefore, and Teach All Nations

Week #22


One more crazy week down. One more crazy week left. 

This week was in one word amazing. Two main happenings. 

Number one. Saturday was the celebration of the Boulder Colorado Stake's 40th Anniversary. They had a wonderful idea that they call living pictures.  Basically, they recreate well known works of art, but have real people standing in the positions and situations of those interacting with Christ. In some, a character comes and sings a song, but for most, they had an orchestra and choir performing a piece that described some aspect of the story depicted. Easily the best performance I have ever seen done on a Stake level. The choir was amazing, the orchestra was good (the French Horn ruined some parts), both of the trumpeters played Bach Strads and there were many nonmembers that attended. The cultural hall was filled for three different performances and the sister in charge told us the Mayor of Louisville was expected to attend. From what I've heard, several people saw him. I consider it the greatest thing next to the flood cleanup that has happened to hasten the work. The whole zone was involved in setup and helping guests and many missionaries saw their investigators there. I watched the first performance and by the second song was almost crying. I'm glad I was in Colorado just long enough to see it. 

Number two. Last night Elder Hanks and I had the opportunity to give a recent convert a blessing. 
I believe in one of my last couple emails I mentioned that she almost had more of a testimony of a certain Elder than the Church. Her main reason for that was because at one point he had given her a blessing and she said that was the first and only time she had ever felt such a feeling. She doubted she could feel it without him and didn't seem to believe she could feel it through going to church or reading the scriptures or praying. About an hour after we gave her that blessing, she called us and told us that she had felt it again. It is a wonderful thing to act as the voice of the Lord and then hear somebody tell you they felt something far more than the power of your words or your hands on their head. I pray, and I ask all of you as well, that Michelle's testimony of the truth will grow. She has begun to see miracles around her, but she still isn't unshakable. She can use many prayers for both her temporal and spiritual needs. I think it would be a great help to let her know that there are people all over the world pray for her by name. 

Aside from that, today will be a very busy day as I prepare every needful thing for Brazil. The Mission Office told me that I'll probably be leaving in the early morning of the 11th and I need to have everything done by Saturday. I have a lot to buy today. It is thrilling to know that I am going forth to teach a nation and that men will hear the Gospel in their own tongue. Speaking of tongue, beef tongue is really good.

Go and do something good today. Testify of something, share a principle, be an example. All you Boy Scouts out there, do a good turn and review the Scout Oath. Think about what each part means and how you will live it. The program set up by Robert Baden-Powell is in line with the principles of the Gospel and there is a very good reason the Church is such a huge sponsor. All good things are inspired of God. Do something good. 

Ask for what the Lord would have you do 
Learn at His feet
Act on that which you learned 
Share what you have done
Glory in your God

Amo voces

Elder Dickson


No comments:

Post a Comment