Monday, September 30, 2013

And the Rains Came Tumbling Down

Week #17


Four months already. I'll be home in no time.

Service is slowing down. I'm actually wearing a shirt and tie today which feels kind of normal. 

As of tomorrow, I will have finished training and will get a new companion, Elder Hanks. All I know is that my Zone Leader trained him about a year ago, he bakes bread every Monday, and that November will be a great month to have him as a companion. I'll meet him tomorrow and Elder Yarman will go to the distant land of Greeley. I also don't get a car at all next transfer. I'll still be in Lafayette, but on bike the whole time. I think I could lose 15 pounds.

Things are slowly returning to normal. There's much less trash on the streets in Boulder (though there are still some badly damage areas) and we've been able to teach a few lessons this week. 

I don't know if I've mentioned Paige before, but she has been an investigator for a very long time. When I first got here, she never kept commitments, was impossible to meet with, and was never busy. . . These last couple weeks, she has actually texted us to set up appointments, read passages from the Book of Mormon within a couple days of meeting with her, and been much more engaged in the lessons. If she stays this excited and starts coming to church, she could be baptized by October 26.

Sorry, I don't have more stories. I do have some pictures though!

Elder Dickson


The backyard of one of the houses we helped.

Elder Dionicio and Elder Yarman

Lots of missionaries.

Sister Woessner very cold and an undamaged backyard.

Mountain of carpet and Elder Lund.

My battle-scar. Floorboards can be nasty. 

Big white buffalo.


Elder Greer (owns big white buffalo)
My new favorite flavor. I can't wait to try the normal strength stuff. 

A place called Left Hand Creek. It doesn't usually have this much water.

Left Hand Canyon

This was a paved road. 

The first part of the road. 

I guess this was a bridge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment